We encourage family and friends to visit, however, in order to allow adequate time for rest, we have established visiting hours. If you need to make special visitation arrangements, please talk to the patient’s nurse.
- Acute Medical Surgical Unit (3rd floor), 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. daily.
- Birthing and Women’s Unit (4th floor), 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. daily. The father or designated significant other may visit at any time. Two people are welcome in the room at the time of delivery.
- Procedure Areas (Cath Lab, Surgery, Endoscopy), family members may stay with patients before and after the procedure.
Help Us Support Healing! Studies indicate patients heal better and faster when they are able to rest. We observe quiet time daily from 10 p.m. to 6 a.m. and also at the following times during the day:
2 p.m. to 3 p.m. on the Acute Medical Surgical Unit (3rd Floor)
2 p.m. to 4 p.m. on the Birthing and Women's Unit (4th Floor)
If you visit during the afternoon quiet time, we encourage you to let your loved ones and other patients rest by:
- Speaking quietly.
- Turning phones and other devices to silent or vibrate.
- Please do not visit if you have a cold, flu or any contagious illness.
- Babies and children may find Hospital visits stressful, which can place additional burden on the patients and staff. Visitation by children may be arranged by prior approval. Please do not leave children unattended in patient rooms or waiting areas.
- Many patients have special dietary requirements. Please check with the nurse or doctor before sharing candy, food or beverages.
- Occasionally, we may request visitors to leave in the afternoon for patient rest and care.
- Ask at the nurses’ station before bringing flowers, plants or balloons into patient rooms.
- Do not bring weapons, including knives and guns, alcohol, or other illegal substances to the hospital.
- Before bringing in electrical appliances for use in patient rooms, check at the nurses’ station.
Smoking and use of tobacco products are prohibited at UH Samaritan Medical Center.
Café & Vending
Sam’s Café is open:
- Breakfast, 6:30 – 9:30 a.m. Monday-Friday
- Lunch, 11 a.m. – 2 p.m. Monday-Friday; 11:30 a.m. - 1:30 p.m. Weekends
- Dinner, 4:30 – 6 p.m. Monday-Friday; 5:30 – 6:30 p.m. Weekends
Vending machines are located in the Emergency Department, Birthing and Women’s Unit, and Sam’s Café.
The Gift Shop is open Monday – Thursday, 9 a.m. – 8 p.m., Friday, 9 a.m. – 5 p.m., and weekends, 11 a.m. – 3 p.m. For more information, click HERE. To place an order for flowers or gifts, please call 419-289-0491, ext. 3296.
A Chapel is located on the second floor at UH Samaritan Medical Center and is open to visitors of all faiths. Chaplain services are also available 24 hours a day and can be accessed through the nurse.
The Ashland Times Gazette is available from vending machines near the Main Entrance. Books and magazines are available for purchase in the Gift Shop.
- Cellular phones are permitted throughout the facility, but please turn the ringer to the lowest setting.
- Local calls may be made from the room at any time by dialing ‘9’ and the number.
- Dial ‘0’ for operator assistance in making a long distance call.
- Wireless internet access is available throughout the hospital.
Lost and Found
Items found at the Hospital are kept in the Security Office, located in the Emergency Department Lobby on the east side of the building. Security can be reached at 419-289-0491, ext. 2427.