UH ACL Prevention Program
You may be at risk for an ACL Injury if:
- You participate in any sports that require jumping, running or cutting
- You have had any knee injuries or problems in the past
- You have faulty jumping biomechanics
- You have unstable or loose joints
- You are a female (females are 4-6 times greater to tear their ACL than males)
What could happen if you tear your ACL?
- Physical pain in and around the knee
- Costly medical bills due to multiple medical appointments and possible surgery
- Many months spent recovering and inability to participate in sport of choice
- Possible loss of scholarships if planning to play at collegiate level
Research has proven that participating in an ACL Prevention Program decreases the risk of an ACL injury by 62%.
What will the UH ACL Prevention Program do for you?
1. Decrease the risk of injury by teaching:
- Proper landing techniques
- Dynamic knee stability
- How to cut and move safely
2. Improve sports performance
- Vertical Jump
- Neuromuscular Control
What the UH ACL Prevention Program consists of:
- Pre and post testing to assure safety of athlete
- Dynamic warm-up drills
- Cone drills
- Speed and agility drills
- Ladder drills
- Plyometric training
- Education of proper form
- Active stretching and technique
Time: (Choose one)
Session I 12 p.m.- 1:30 p.m.
Session II 1:30 p.m.- 3 p.m.
Dates: June 13, 15, 17, 20, 22, 24, 27, 29
July 1, 6, 8, 11, 13, 15, 18
Location: Ashland High School Stadium
Who: For 9th- 12th grade athletes (2016- 2017 school year)
Each weekly class will have levels for beginners, intermediate and advanced athletes. All classes will provide individuals with beneficial drills, exercises and information. Class size will be limited.
Attend 75% of scheduled classes and receive a free t-shirt!
University Hospital Samaritan Medical Center's Physical Therapists, Physical Therapy Assistants and Athletic Trainers will instruct the classes.
UH ACL Prevention Program Cost:
- $50 per person
- $40 each for 2 or more people from the same household.
Contact UH Samaritan Medical Center Outpatient Rehab for any questions at 419-281-1330.
Click HERE for electronic PDF file.
Click HERE for online registration.